Valuable Information about Utah Disability Coverage
Utah Disability Insurance
The majority of claims for Utah disabilities get processed through federal social security, and this article will discuss procedures an injured worker can take to file for SSDI or SSI. For more information on federal social security through the state of Utah, visit the following website.
The majority of this article will cover common Utah disability schemes, different types of disability in Utah, and the general process to file for disability.
Common Types of Fraud involving Utah Disabilities
Within every state, there are generally three types of common fraud. These common types of fraud schemes in Utah disabilities are listed below:
1. Faking an injury or illness- This is the most common type of fraud. It is easy to fake an injury or illness, and even with the help of professional medical testimony, the fact that a worker might be faking an injury is often hard to detect.
2. Working while on disability- In Utah, many people are caught working while still receiving Utah disability. They may work under the table or even do the same job they were doing before, and although a person may work while receiving payments, they can’t work more than a specified amount of hours or outside of a specified job.
3. Collecting disability after healed- this type of fraud is normally easily detectable, but many people will try to receive payments after they have been cleared.
Types of Utah Disabilities Benefits
Generally, there two types of benefits offered to citizens in the state of Utah under federal social security. An employer may carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover an employee’s disability, but employees are still entitled to the following benefits under social security in most cases:
1. Social Security Disability Insurance- In order to receive this Utah disability benefit, you must sustain an injury that may inhibit you or greatly reduce the amount of hours you can work in a whole year. You will receive monthly payments that are contingent on your prior salary and work history. If your Utah disability benefits are more than $25,000 a year, you will have to pay federal income taxes on these payments.
2. Supplemental Security Income- a person can also receive SSI benefits along with SSDI benefits. In order to receive these Utah disabilities benefits, the party must fall below federal poverty levels, and they will be able to receive help with food stamps, transportation, housecleaning, and other programs as well.
How do I Apply for Utah Disabilities Benefits?
In order to file for Utah disability, you’ll have to locate the local social security office in your part of the state. You can find a local office with the link provided.
After you are sure you qualify for adult Utah disabilities insurance, you can fill out the online Disability Benefit Application and online Disability Report. You’ll also have to fill out the Authorization to Disclose Information to the Social Security Administration form and take or mail the completed form to your local social security office.
All of the forms for Utah disabilities listed in this section can be found at the following link.