Quick Guide to NV Unemployment Benefits
Nevada Unemployment Benefits
The state of Nevada provides the public with a large amount of user friendly resources, as well as useful information about the entirety of Nevada employment benefit. The majority of information on this website about Nevada unemployment benefit is referenced the handbook under the NV Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation (NDETR), and you should regard the handbook for supplementary information on NV unemployment benefits:
Am I Eligible for Nevada Unemployment Benefits?
You’ll have to meet certain eligibility factors before and after filing for a Nevada unemployment benefit. Some of these eligibility factors for NV unemployment benefits are listed below:
1. File weekly claims on time- you must file for your weekly Nevada unemployment benefits before 7 days after the week ending date. If you fail to make claims on time, your Nevada unemployment benefits may be denied.
2. Able to work- Before and while filing, you must be mentally and physically able to work a normal workweek before receiving a Nevada unemployment benefit.
3. Actively seeking work- you must make “good faith” efforts to seek employment equal to your level of training and/or experience while filing for NV unemployment benefits. You must also keep a weekly record of your work search contacts while filing for NU unemployment benefits.
Wage Requirements for Nevada Unemployment Benefits
In order to qualify for Nevada unemployment benefit, you must meet at least one of the follow wage requirements listed below:
1. Base period earnings must equal or exceed one and one-half time the high quarter earnings (you must earn at least $400 during the high quarter)
2. Wages in each of at least three of the four quarters in the past base period
If you are eligible for NV unemployment benefits, you can receive a weekly benefit of 1/25th or 4 percent of your highest quarter earnings. The minimum amount for Nevada unemployment benefits is $16 and the maximum amount of Nevada unemployment benefit is $396.
How do I make my weekly claim for NV Unemployment Benefits?
You can file for your weekly Nevada unemployment benefit by filing a claim online or calling one of several different phone numbers. In order to file for Nevada unemployment benefits online.
In order to file for Nevada unemployment benefits by phone, use one of the applicable numbers below:
• Northern Nevada: (775) 684-0350
• Southern Nevada: (702) 486-0350
• Toll-Free: (888) 890-8211
Work and Earning Reporting for NV Unemployment Benefits and Claims
If you are filing a weekly report for your Nevada unemployment benefit, you must report all of your work and earnings for the week in which you worked. You must report the following for your weekly report for NV unemployment benefits:
• full-time or part-time work
• all paid training
• military reserve or National Guard duty
• work for a non-profit organization or church
• any self-employment
• payments for providing childcare
• work on contract or commission basis
• holiday, severance, or vacation pay
• farming income
Fraud within claiming Nevada unemployment benefits is a serious crime, and you are liable for anything you put within a claim, even if you accidentally make a mistake.