Quick Guide to NE Unemployment Benefits
Nebraska Unemployment Benefits
The state of Nebraska provides the public with a large amount of valuable resources as well as useful information about the all NE unemployment benefits. The majority of information on this website about Nebraska unemployment benefits is referenced the official website of the state’s Workforce Development, and you should regard the following website for more information on Nebraska unemployment benefit:
Am I Eligible for Nebraska Unemployment Benefits?
You’ll have to meet certain eligibility factors before and after filing for Nebraska unemployment benefit. Some of these eligibility factors for NE unemployment benefits are listed below:
1. File weekly claims on time- you must file for your weekly Nebraska unemployment benefit before 7 days after the week ending date. If you delay or fail to make claims on time, your Nebraska unemployment benefits may be denied.
2. Totally or partially unemployed- you must be totally unemployed or partially unemployed and receive less work than you were receiving before filing for NE unemployment benefits. If you are totally unemployed, unemployment services will investigate the entire reasons of your unemployment—which may affect the credibility of your claim for NE unemployment benefits.
3. Able to work- Before and while filing, you must be mentally and physically able to work a normal workweek before receiving weekly Nebraska unemployment benefit.
4. Actively seeking work- you must make “good faith” efforts to seek employment equal to your level of training and/or experience while filing for Nebraska unemployment benefits. You should keep a weekly record of your work search contacts, and you’ll have to register with Employment Services at the following link for Nebraska unemployment benefit: neworks.nebraska.gov.
Wage Requirements for NE Unemployment Benefits
In order to qualify for Nebraska unemployment benefits, you must meet at least one of the follow wage requirements listed below:
1. During the base period, you must have been paid wages of at least $3,770 to collect NE unemployment benefits
2. Wages of at least $1,850 in one quarter and at least $800 in another quarter for NE unemployment benefits
If you are eligible for Nebraska unemployment benefit, you can receive a weekly benefit of 1/26th of your maximum benefit amount. Your weekly and maximum Nebraska unemployment benefit amounts will be based on your income earnings during the base period.
How do I make my weekly claim for Nebraska Unemployment Benefits?
You can file for weekly Nebraska unemployment benefits by filing a claim online at the following website.
Work and Earning Reporting for Nebraska Unemployment Benefit
If you are filing a weekly report for your NE unemployment benefits, you must report all of your work and earnings for the week in which you worked, including any of the following:
• full-time or part-time work
• all paid training
• military reserve or National Guard duty
• work for a non-profit organization or church
• any self-employment
• payments for providing childcare
• work on contract or commission basis
• holiday, severance, or vacation pay
• farming income
Fraud involving claiming NE unemployment benefits is a serious crime, and you are liable for anything you put within a claim, even if you accidentally make a mistake.